Saturday, September 1, 2012

ANOTHER TREASURE



I LOVE
old STUFF and then
RESEARCHING it!

Looks like this piece of
SEA GLASS
is a bottom of an
OLD PEPSI BOTTLE
from before 1940

There is a DIAMOND and a
CIRCLE embossed on the bottom
that is hard to see on these pixs
that indicate before 1940

It is a DURAGLASS bottle
which is OWENS ILLINOIS GLASS Co.

Not Valuable at all!
Oh, well...
I guess I will just
KEEP LOOKING
for the TREASURE
that I KNOW
Ms. Dora's ancestors have
buried in the SWAMP!
hahahahaha!

The "Diamond O-I" makers mark of the
 Owens-Illinois Glass Co. is shown in the picture within the white box (click to enlarge).  This mark is also called the "Saturn" mark by some due to its stylized resemblance.  (Note: The "O" in the Diamond O-I marking is actually a vertically elongated oval, although referred to here as an "O" for simplicity.)  This makers mark is very common on bottles made during the 1929-1930. 


No comments: